I spotted this on Walt at Random and thought I’d do it – partly to make up for not finishing SLA’s 23 Things, and partly because I want to post something fun on this last day of work before the winter break.
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
Concert band, jazz band, improv band, and now (debatably) rock band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
I enjoyed it at the time, but have no desire to go back.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
I was permitted to audition for a solo once. I didn’t get it, but I sang in front of about 15 people for the audition. It was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
I accidentally grew two pumpkins outside my front door once.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
Grandparents count as ancestors, right?
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
Money can’t buy me love.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
Moroccocounts as Africa, right?
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
Not an experience I’d like to repeat.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Despite my not-so-subtle hints…
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
The first time, I think, was when my dad was a reporter and used a picture of me for a feature on blueberry picking. Now it happens once a month when my column appears.
85. Read the entire Bible.
Excluding the “begat” sections.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
Unless you count the fly I killed and encouraged my dog to eat.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
I’m not sure whether this is entirely true or not, but it’s best not to take chances.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
Mick Foley, Joe Paterno, Jason Ringenberg, Warner Hodges.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
Until two years ago, this was only true if you counted pets as loved ones.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
On the bottom of my foot – very unpleasant. Though I guess things were worse for the bee.
See, I have done more than 23 things.