If you are an SLA member, please take the time to learn about the candidates and cast an informed vote. Over the past few months, all of the candidates answered a series of 5 questions on the SLA Blog. I’ve enjoyed reading my fellow candidates’ thoughts about SLA.
Here are my answers to the 5 questions:
1. What sort of advice would you give to professionals, both newly minted and more seasoned professionals, who might be interested in nontraditional career paths?
2. When did you first join SLA? What made you decide to join then, and why do you still belong today?
3. What is the newest “techie” gadget that you have/would like to have, and how do/would you use it to improve the work relationship that you have with your primary clientele?
4. How has your work with SLA over the years helped you grow professionally and personally?
5. SLA is an international organization. How can SLA involve and reach out more to members outside of North America?